12 to 16 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: HIGH 1 hr, LOW 6 hrs + HIGH 1 hr
- 1 pound dry pinto beans
- 3 pounds pork roast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chipped
grated cheese, copped onions, and tomatoes
- In slow cooker, cover beans with water and
- In the morning, remove beans (reserve soaking
water,) and put roast in bottom of cooker.
- Add beans, reserved water garlic, cumin,
oregano, chili powder
- Salt, green chilies and more water if needed
to cover the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Then cook
on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove mead and shred with two forks.
- Return meat to slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce. Top with grated
cheese and chipped onions and tomatoes.
Page 1 of 1