Slow Cooker Pot
Roast and Vegetables
Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 8 to
- In shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and
pepper. You want to well mix.
- Then add the round steak pieces to flour
mixture; turn to coat both sides.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef
and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove from
skillet and cover to keep warm.
- In 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, you
want to add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Mix well. Add bay leaf.
Next, place browned beef over vegetables.
- In small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the
broth and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW
for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender.
- With slotted spoon, remove beef and
vegetables from slow cooker and place on serving platter. Cover to keep
- Into medium saucepan over medium-high
heat, pour in liquid. Make sure to discard the bay leaf.
- In small bowl,
mix remaining broth and cornstarch. You need to blend until smooth.
to liquid in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly. Boil for 1
- Serve sauce with beef and vegetables.