and Mushroom Sauced Round Steak
Prep Time: 15 min
Slow Cooker Time: Low 8 to 10 hrs or High 4 hrs
Cooking time: 26 min
- 2 - medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 2 - pounds boneless beef round steak, cut
into 6 pieces
- 3/4 - cup canned diced pasta ready
- 1 - can (10 3/4-ounce) condensed cream of
- 1/2 - teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 - teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles, if desired
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, place
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 10-inch
skillet until sizzling; add half of beef.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning once,
for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place beef in slow cooker. Repeat with
remaining butter and beef.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, soup,
marjoram, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour tomato mixture over beef in slow
cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours,
or on High heat setting for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Increase heat setting to High 20 minutes
- Combine flour and cold water in small
bowl. Stir flour mixture into beef mixture.
- Cover and continue cooking 20 minutes or
until juices are thickened.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture over hot
cooked noodles, if desired.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Place any leftovers in a
freezer container with a tight-fitting lid. Label items with the
date they were placed in the freezer as well as the contents.
Freeze cooked meat casseroles for up to 6 months and soups and
stews for up to 3 months.
Page 1 of 1