Mary's Roast Beef
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cooking Time: LOW 6 to 7 hrs.
- 1 - beef sirloin tip roast (3-pounds)
- 2 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 - medium onion (chopped)
- 1 - garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 - cups brewed coffee
- 3/4 cups water (divided)
- 1 - beef bouillon cubes
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 - teaspoon coarsely ground
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- In a skillet, brown all side of roast
in hot oil for about 8 minutes.
- Cut roast in half and place both
halves in a 4-/2-quart Slow Cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, coffee, water,
bouillon cube, salt, basil, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours
or until tender.
- Transfer roasts to serving platter.
- Measure drippings and pour into a saucepan.
- In a bowl, whisk together (1/4-cup
water and 1-Tablespoon flour) for every cup of drippings. Whisk
mixture into drippings.
- Cook, whisking constantly, over medium
heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour gravy over roast and serve.
Page 1 of 1