Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: on LOW setting 7 to 9 hrs.
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato
- 1/2 cup Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- In small bowl, mix soup, salsa and
- In large bowl, mix ground beef and all
remaining ingredients plus 1/2 cup of the tomato soup mixture.
- Shape mixture into oblong loaf no
longer than diameter of slow cooker.
- Carefully place meat loaf in bottom of
3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Pour remaining tomato soup mixture
over meat loaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7
to 9 hours.
- To serve, you want to carefully remove
meat loaf from slow cooker and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 6 slices and place on serving
platter. Spoon sauce from slow cooker over meat loaf.