Slow Cooker Goulash
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- 2 - pounds beef stew meat, cut into
- 3 - Tablespoons flour
- 1 - Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 - large onion, diced
- 1 - pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 - can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3 - Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 - Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 - teaspoon caraway seed
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 - large green bell pepper, sliced into
2-inch pieces (optional)
- Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in
large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook in batches until
browned on all sides.
- Add onion; cook about 3 minutes,
- Place potatoes in slow cooker. Top
with beef and onions.
- Mix beef broth, tomato paste, paprika,
caraway and garlic salt in small bowl.
- Pour over beef and cover.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4
hours on HIGH.
- Stir in bell pepper during the last 15
minutes of cooking.
- If you desire, thicken with additional