Arizona's 7-Layer Taco Sandwich
4 open-faced sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 large oval sliced French
bread about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 pound thinly sliced Deli
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled,
- 3/4 cup (3-ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack
- Lettuce leaves
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine olives, chili powder,
cumin and salt. Reserve 2-Tablespoons.
- Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, and onion.
- Using 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture, spread on 1
side of each bread slice.
- Top with tomato and turkey.
- Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture on top of
- Top with avocado sliced.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Placed sandwiches to baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until hot.
- Top with reserved olive mixture.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with salsa.
Page 1 of 1