Spicy Sausage and Bean Tostadas
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- 1/4 - pound fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed*
- 1/2 - cup Picante Sauce
- 1 - teaspoon chili powder
- 1 - can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 - can (about 14 1/2 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes,
drained and cut up
- 1 - medium potato, cooked and cut into cubes
- Vegetable oil
- 8 - corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 2 - cups shredded lettuce
- 1 - cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook the sausage in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high
heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate
meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the picante sauce, chili powder, beans, tomatoes and
potato into the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture is hot and
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium
- Add the tortillas, one at a time, and cook until they're
crisp adding more oil as needed.
- Remove the tortillas from the skillet and drain on paper
- Top each tortilla with about 1/3 cup sausage
- Top with the lettuce and cheese.
*Or use hot Italian pork sausage.
Page 1 of 1