Garlic �N Lime Chicken
These chicken fajitas have a
mild garlic flavor with just a hint of lime.
Prep time: 20 min
Marinating time: 3 hrs
Cooking time: 8 min
- Marinade Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Fajitas Ingredients:
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless skinless chicken
breast halves, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas or 4 pita
breads, cut in half, warmed
- Toppings Ingredients:
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream
- Chopped tomato
- In a large resealable plastic food bag,
combine chicken broth, lime juice, vegetable oil, basil, garlic,
and hot pepper sauce.
- Add chicken strips. Tightly seal bag. Turn
bag several times to coat chicken.
- Place bag into 13x9-inch pan.
- Refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least
3 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- Place chicken, green pepper and onion in
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring
occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink (8 to 10 minutes).
- Serve chicken mixture in warm tortillas
with toppings, as desired.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
If serving fewer than 4 people, prepare fajita
chicken mixture as directed. Freeze leftover mixture in portions
desired for future meals. Prepare desired number of tortillas and
toppings needed for each meal.
Page 1 of 1