Prep Time: 10 min.
Marinade: 6 hrs.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
- 2 - boneless beef chuck shoulder
steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2/3 - cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 - Tablespoons fresh cilantro,
- 1 - Tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 - small flour tortillas,
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Diced tomato, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- In a resealable plastic bag, add
dressing, cilantro and chili powder. Mix.
- Add steaks.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or as long
Preheat grill to medium.
- Drain steaks, discarding
- Grill steaks, uncovered and
turning occasionally, 14 to 17 minutes for medium rare to medium
doneness (internal temp 150 F to 160 F).
- Carve steak into thin slices;
season with salt to taste.
- Serve in tortillas with desired
toppings, for example, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour
cream and guacamole. Refrigerate leftovers.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2
to 3 inches from heat. Broil, turning once, 10 to 13 minutes for
medium rare to medium doneness.