Hot Italian Turkey Burgers with Red Pepper Relish
- Red Pepper Relish
- 2 - Tablespoons Concord Grape Jam
- 2 - teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 - large fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 - (7 oz.) jar sweet roasted red peppers, drained & sliced
into 1/4 x 1-inch strips
- Burger Patties
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons salt
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf italian parsley, chopped
- 3 - large fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 - cup Concord Grape Jam
- 1 - pound mild or hot bulk Italian sausage
- 1 - pound fresh ground turkey
- Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray or Butter No-Stick Cooking
- Smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 - onion rolls, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine jam, vinegar, basil and red peppers.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, parsley, basil and jam.
- Crumble ground Italian sausage and turkey over mixtures; gently
combine the ingredients well.
- Shape meat into six 5-inch wide patties; refrigerate.
COAT unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to
medium-high (350� to 400�F).
- Grill patties 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Toast the rolls, if desired.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese during the last 2 minutes of
- Place a burger on each roll bottom, top with red pepper relish and
Alan�s Kitchen Tip: To toast the rolls: spray the inside of
each roll with no-stick cooking spray. Place the rolls (cut side down)
around the outer edges of the cooking grate; grill until golden brown.
Page 1 of 1