Apple Kissed Turkey Burgers
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 - pound ground turkey
- 1/2 - cup red apple, shredded, peeled
- 2 - green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 - teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon apple pie spice*
- 1/2 - cup bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 - cup ketchup
- 1/2 - cup Apple Jelly
- 4 - plain or whole wheat hamburger buns, split (toasted, if desired)
- lettuce leaves (optional)
Preheat broiler. Spray broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray; set
- In a large bowl combine turkey, apple, green onions, lemon pepper,
salt and apple pie spice.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- In a small saucepan, combine chili sauce, ketchup and apple jelly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally while patties cook and
cool slightly before serving.
- Broil turkey patties about 6 inches from heat for 6 minutes. Turn
with slotted spatula and broil for 6 minutes more or until no longer
pink in center.
- Place lettuce and burgers on bottom halves of buns.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons sauce.
- Cover with bun tops and serve immediately.
* Substitute a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of allspice for apple pie
spice, if desired.
Alan�s Kitchen Tip The turkey mixture and sauce can be
prepared a day in advance and refrigerated, tightly covered. Broil patties
and reheat sauce just prior to serving.
Page 1 of 1