Grilled Cheddar-Chicken Fillet Sandwiches
4 open-face sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 min.
Grilling Time: 20 min.
- 4 - boneless skinless chicken breasts
(about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 - teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon coarse pepper
- 1 - medium Bermuda or other sweet
- 4 - oz fresh mushrooms, cut in half (1
- 1 - Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3 - Tablespoons creamy
- 4 - slices sourdough bread (about 3/4
- 4 - slices (3/4 oz each) sharp Cheddar
Heat gas or charcoal grill. Between pieces
of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth
side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling
pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the
seasoned salt and the pepper.
- In medium bowl, toss onion and
mushrooms with remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt and the
oil until vegetables are coated. Place vegetables in grill
basket (grill “wok”).
- Place chicken and grill basket on grill
over medium heat.
- Cover grill and cook 10 to 15 minutes,
occasionally turning and brushing chicken with 2 tablespoons
of the mustard-mayonnaise sauce and shaking grill basket to
mix vegetables, until chicken is no longer pink in center
and vegetables are tender.
- Add bread slices to grill for last 4
minutes of cooking, turning once, until crisp.
- Top each cooked chicken breast with
vegetables and cheese slice.
- Cover grill and cook until cheese is
- Spread one side of bread slices with
remaining mustard-mayonnaise sauce.
- Top each bread slice with chicken
Alan's Kitchen Tip: For a flavor change,
try using Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese instead of the sharp
Page 1 of 1