Shredded BarBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 25 min.
- 2 - jars (16 ounces each) Chunky Salsa
- 1 - Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 - cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon chili powder
- 1 - pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 - package (13 ounces) Classic Sandwich Buns with Sesame
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the salsa, vinegar, brown
sugar, garlic powder and chili powder over medium-high heat
to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan to a cutting board.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and cook until the
mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Serve the chicken mixture on the buns. Sprinkle with the
Page 1 of 1