Chicken Sandwich Ring
Prep Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Min
- 2 - cans (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 - egg white
- 1 - teaspoon water
- 2 - teaspoons Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 - pound thinly sliced cooked chicken (from deli)
- 1/2 - pound thinly sliced cooked ham (from deli)
- 2 - medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 - square slices (3/4 oz each) process Swiss cheese, cut in
- 6 - leaves leaf lettuce
- 2 - Tablespoons mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking
spray or grease with shortening.
- Remove dough from both cans; do not unroll.
- Place dough, seam side down, on cookie sheet. Join ends of
loaf to form ring; pinch ends together firmly to seal.
- With sharp or serrated knife, cut 12 (1/2-inch-deep) diagonal
slashes on top of dough.
- In small bowl, beat egg white and water with fork; brush over
dough. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on
cookie sheet 15 minutes.
- Set oven control to broil. Cut bread ring in half
horizontally; carefully remove top half and set aside.
- Top bottom half on cookie sheet with chicken, ham, tomatoes
and Swiss cheese.
- Broil with top 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until
cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce. Spread mayonnaise on cut side of top half of
bread ring; place over lettuce.
- To serve, cut sandwich ring into sections.
Page 1 of 1