Barbecued Chicken Sandwich
Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Grilling Time: 45 min.
- 2 whole
chickens ( 3 1/2 pounds each)
- 3 Tablespoons dry rub #1
- Dry Rub #1
- Barbecue Sauce
Chicken Sandwich Recipe Directions:
1) In a bowl, mix chicken, Dry Rub #1, and
2) Reserve in refrigerator, covered tightly.
3) Will keep for up to 2 weeks.
1) In a saucepan, heat peanut oil. Add garlic and onion. Cook until
2) Add vinegar, ketchup, dry rub #1, brown sugar, coffee, and
3) Simmer until thickened.
1) Rub the chicken inside and out, with dry rub #1, making sure to
get under the skin as much as possible.
2) Massage the bird well and refrigerate overnight.
3) Prepare the grill with soaked wood chips.
4) Split the chicken in half and cook on the grill over slow heat
for 45 minutes or until cooked.
5) Allow the chicken to cool slightly.
6) Pick the meat off the bone, remove the skin.
7) Chop the chicken lightly and mix with 1 cup of the barbecue
8) Serve on white bun with coleslaw.