Lite Turkish Meatball Pitas
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
- 1 - package (12-ounces) cooked turkey
- 1 - teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - teaspoon paprika
- 1 - cup cucumbers (diced)
- 1 - cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 4 - pocketless pita breads (warmed)
- 4 - large leaves green-leaf lettuce
- 8 - thin slices tomato
- 8 - sprigs fresh dill
With a large nonstick skillet over medium
heat, add meatballs. Cover and cook for 5 minutes (stirring
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon
paprika and cook an additional 1 minute.
In a small bowl, mix cucumber, yogurt,
salt, and remaining cumin and paprika.
Top pitas with lettuce, tomatoes, and meatballs.
Spoon yogurt sauce over meatballs.
Top with dill and roll pitas and enjoy.
Per serving: Calories
344 (24% from fat)
Fat 9g (sat 3g)
Protein 22g, Carb 450g, Fiber 2g
Chol 49mg, Sodium 859mg