Skillet Veggie Tacos
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
- 2 - teaspoon olive oil
- 2 - red bell peppers (coarsely
- 1 - medium onion (chopped)
- 1 - cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 - jalapeno peppers (seeded and
- 2 - garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-/12 - teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 - cup sweet white wine
- 1 - can (15-ounce) pinto beans (rinsed
- 2 - cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 12 - fat-free flour (8-inch) tortillas
- 1/2 - cup crumbled reduced-fat Feta
- In a skillet over medium-high heat,
heat oil. Sauté bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, jalapeno peppers, and
- Add in cumin and oregano and continue
to sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and reduce heat. Simmer
for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add beans and cook until heated.
- Add spinach and cook 2 minutes or
until spinach wilds.
- Serve in warm tortillas with cheese
Per serving: Calories 200
(10% from fat)
Fat 2.3g (sat 1g, mono 0.6g, poly 0.1g)
Protein 8g, Carb 34g, Fiber 5g
Chol 3mg, Iron 1.2mg
Sodium 419mg, Calc 59mg
Page 1 of 1
Comment on your favorite picnic, tailgate,
backyard, lunch, dinner or anytime menu ideas on Alan's