Toasted Chipotle & Cheese Sandwiches
You will find the Chipotle chiles create an
interesting taste sensation in this cheese sandwich.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 min.
- 6 - Tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
- 1 - teaspoon finely chopped Chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/2 - teaspoon lime juice
- 8 - slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 - lettuce leaves
- 8 - tomato slices
- 4 - (1-ounce) slices Low Fat Deli American Cheese
- 4 - green bell pepper rings
- 8 - red onion rings
- Combine mayonnaise, chiles and lime juice in small bowl
with wire whisk.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread about 2 teaspoons
mayonnaise mixture onto each toast slice.
- For each sandwich, layer 1 slice toast, spread-side up
with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 slices tomato, 1 slice cheese, 1 bell
pepper ring, 2 red onion rings and 1 slice toast,
- Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 re-hydrated, chopped, dried Chipotle chile. To
re-hydrate, place chile in small bowl; cover with boiling
- Let stand 10 minutes or until softened. Drain. Remove
seeds; chop chile.
Alan’s Kitchen Tip
Chipotle chiles are dried smoked jalapeño chile peppers that
are hot, smoky and infuse tremendous flavor to recipes.
Nutrition Facts (1 sandwich):
Calories: 300, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol:
Sodium: 890mg, Carbohydrates: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 6g, Protein: 15g
Page 1 of 1
Comment on your favorite picnic, tailgate,
backyard, lunch, dinner or anytime menu ideas on Alan's