Sausage Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce
Makes 6 Gyros
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
- 1 Roll
crumble sausage (16 ounces)
- 1/2 crisp red
apple (skin on),
- 1/4 medium red
Pita Breads (6
Pork Sandwich Recipe Directions:
1) Over medium heat, brown crumbled sausage in a large,
10 - 12 inch skillet sprayed with cooking spray,
flattening with spatula while cooking.
2) Warm pita breads, one at a time in large skillet
coated with cooking spray until lightly browned on each
3) Repeat with all breads, spraying lightly with
cooking spray between each.
4) To assemble, spread 2 or 3 tablespoons tzaziki sauce
on each pita bread.
5) Top with crumbled sausage, apple and onion pieces.
1) In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cucumber,
lemon juice, mint, and salt.
2) Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate
until ready to use.
If English cucumbers
are not available, regular will be fine.
For a reduced fat version, substitute reduced fat sour
Page 1 of 1