Mediterranean Sausage Pita
Prep Time: 15 min
- 1 - package Regular Flavor Pork Sausage
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon
- 1 - cup ricotta cheese
- 2 - teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 - ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 - oz. pre-washed spinach, chopped coarsely
- 4 - oz. Feta
- 1/3 - cup pitted, chopped Greek olives (about 15)
- 4 - pita bread rounds, cut in half
- 1 - teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium high
heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and
no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic and oregano. Cover and cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in ricotta and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, feta
cheese, olives and optional black pepper; stir well.
- Spread sausage mixture evenly inside each pita half,
dividing mix evenly among the eight halves.
- Spread 1/4 cup tomato-spinach mixture evenly across
- Add red onion slices if desired. Serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1