Maple Apple Sausage Pockets
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 10 min
- 1 - package Maple Flavor Pork Sausage
- 1 - cup (1 large) coarsely grated, peeled tart
- 4 - oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 - cans (12 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- 1/4 - 1/3 - cup maple syrup
- 1 - egg, lightly beaten with 2 - teaspoons water
Pork Sandwich Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
1) Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high
heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and
no longer pink.
2) Remove from heat, stir in apple and allow to cool
3) Stir in Cheddar cheese and add walnuts if desired.
4) Separate dough into 10 biscuits and flatten each
biscuit into a 5-1/2" circle.
5) Place 2 tablespoons of meat mixture in the center of
6) Drizzle 1/2 to 1 teaspoon maple syrup over the
filling in each pocket.
7) Moisten the edges of the dough with a small amount
8) Carefully fold dough over mixture to form
9) Press the seam with a fork to seal. Place on
ungreased baking sheets.
10) Lightly brush egg mixture on top of each pocket.
11) Sprinkle with a light dusting of cinnamon and sugar.
12) Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Page 1 of 1