Green Chile Mini Burgers
4 (2-burger) servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Grilling Time: 10 min
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/3 - cup sour cream
- 1 - can (4-ounce) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 - teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Burgers Ingredients:
- 1 - pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 - cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 - teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon pepper
- 4 - slices (3/4-ounce) Deli American Cheese, each cut
- 8 - (3-inch) dollar-size buns, split
- 8 - slices Roma tomato
- 8 - leaf lettuce leaves
Preheat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until
coals are ash white.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 Tablespoon green
chiles and 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Cover and
refrigerate until serving time.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining chopped green chiles,
ground beef, onion, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in large
- Shape into 8 small patties. Place onto grill.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature
reaches at least 160�F. or 8 to 10 minutes until meat is no
longer pink in center.
- Top each burger with 2 pieces cheese and let melt slightly.
- Place burgers onto bottom bun half. Top each with 1 teaspoon
sour cream mixture, 1 slice tomato, 1 lettuce leaf and top bun