Szechwan Beef Burgers with Sweet and Hot Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- Burger Patties
- 1 - Tablespoon Szechwan seasoning* or to taste
- 1 - teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 - Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 - Tablespoons water
- 1/4 - cup Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1-1/4 - pounds ground beef chuck
- Sweet and Hot Sauce
- 1/2 - cup Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 - cup Red Plum Jam
- 2 - teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 - teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 - cups prepared fried rice, warmed
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine Szechwan seasoning, ginger, soy
sauce, water and peanut butter.
- Crumble ground beef over mixture and gently combine the
- Shape meat into eight (4-inch) patties and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves, plum jam,
vinegar, ginger and pepper flakes.
Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat
grill to medium-high (350-degrees F to 400-degrees F).
- Grill patties 3 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run
- To serve, place 1/2 cup warm fried rice onto each plate.
- Top with 2 burgers, garnish with sweet and hot sauce and
*Szechwan seasoning is available in your grocer's spice