Hickory Smoked Burgers with Glazed Apples and Smoked Cheddar
- Burger Patties
- 1/2 - cup Spiced Apple Butter
- 2 - Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 - Tablespoons hickory smoke flavoring*
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-1/4 - pounds ground beef chuck
- Glazed Apples
- 1 - cup Spiced Apple Butter
- 1 - large Granny Smith apple, washed, cored and sliced
3/8-inch thick crosswise
- 1 - large sweet onion, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch
thick crosswise, keeping rings intact
- Smoked Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 onion rolls, sliced
- Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray.
Heat grill to medium-high (350-degrees F to 400-degrees F).
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup apple butter,
Worcestershire sauce, hickory smoke flavoring, salt and
- Crumble ground chuck into bowl and gently combine the
- Shape meat into four 5-inch wide patties and refrigerate.
- Coat apples and onions (keeping slices intact) with 1 cup
- Grill burgers, apples and onions 4 to 6 minutes per side
or until juices run clear on the burgers and the apples and
onions are tender. Toast rolls, if desired.
- Top each burger with cheese during the last 2 minutes of
- Place a burger on each roll bottom, top with grilled
apples and onions and the roll top; serve.
*Hickory smoked flavoring can be found in your grocer's
Alan's Kitchen Tips:
To toast the rolls: spray the
inside of each roll with butter flavored no-stick cooking spray.
Place the rolls (cut side down) around the outer edges of the
cooking grate; grill until golden brown.