Hearty Meat and Potato Burgers with Apple Butter Ketchup
- Burger Patties
- 1 - Tablespoon Pure Vegetable Oil or 1 - Tablespoon
Pure Canola Oil
- 1/3 - cup minced onion
- 1 - Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 - pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 - cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 - cup Mashed Potatoes, flakes
- 2 - teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 - cup Cider Apple Butter
- 1/2 - cup Tomato Ketchup
- Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 - French bread baguette, cut lengthwise, then cut into 4
Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray.
Heat grill to medium-high (350-degees to 400-degrees F).
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the
onions, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cooking one minute more. Cool.
- Crumble ground chuck into medium bowl. Add onion and
garlic mixture, milk, potato flakes, Worcestershire sauce,
salt and pepper.
- Gently combine the ingredients well and shape meat into
four oval patties. Refrigerate.
- Combine apple butter and ketchup with a whisk until well
blended. Cover and set aside.
- Grill burgers 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run
- Toast bread, if desired (see Tip).
- Brush burgers with glaze during last several minutes of
- Place a meat patty on each roll bottom, top with
additional apple butter-ketchup glaze, if desired, and the
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
To toast the bread: SPRAY the
inside of bread with butter flavored no-stick cooking spray.
Place the bread (cut side down) around the outer edges of the
cooking grate. Grill until golden brown.