Double Onion Grilled Cheeseburger
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Grilling time: 18 min.
- Topping Ingredients
- 1 - large red onion, sliced,
separated into rings
- 1 - large white or yellow onion,
sliced, separated into rings
- 2 - Tablespoons honey
- 1 - Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 - Tablespoon cider vinegar
- Burgers Ingredients
- 1 - pound lean ground beef
- 4 - hamburger buns
- 8 - slices (1-ounce each) Deli
Preheat gas grill to medium or
charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, add red
onions, honey, mustard, and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10
minutes or until onions are softened.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Shape ground beef into 4 (4-inch)
patties. Place patties onto grill.
- Grill for 15 to 18 minutes, turning
once, or until burgers are cooked through.
- To serve, you want to place burgers
onto bottom half of buns and top each with 2 slices cheese, 1
tablespoon onion topping mixture and top half of bun.