Sausage Apple Rollups
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 3/4 - cup sour cream
- 1 - Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - package Maple Flavor Pork Sausage
- 12 - flour tortillas (7-inch fajita size)
- 1-1/4 - cups sour cream
- 2 - cups (2 large) coarsely grated, peeled tart
- 3 - egg whites, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon
- 3/4 - cup granulated sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly butter a
9"x13"x2" baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, syrup and
1-teaspoons cinnamon to make dipping sauce. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high
heat, stirring frequently until meat is thoroughly cooked and no
- Stir in grated apple; remove from heat, drain and
- In a small bowl, mix sugar with 2 - Tablespoons
of cinnamon; place 1/2 cup of mixture in a shallow plate. Set aside.
- Place egg white mixture in a separate shallow
plate and set aside.
- Add 1-1/4 cups sour cream to sausage-apple
mixture and stir well.
- Place 1/4 cup sausage mixture in a line across
the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar mix over the
filling on each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly around filling. Roll entire
tortilla first in egg whites, then the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place roll-ups fold-side down in baking dish.
- Bake 12-14 minutes; cool 2 minutes.
- Cut into thirds and serve immediately as is or
with optional dipping sauce.
- Discard remaining egg white mixture.
Page 1 of 1