Easy Slow-Cooked BarBQ Beef Sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Total Time: 12 Hr 20 Min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 - pounds beef round steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 1-inch
- 1 - cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 - cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 - cup ketchup
- 1/3 - cup cider vinegar
- 1 (12-oz.) - can or bottle beer
- 1 (6-oz.) - can tomato paste
- 20 - sandwich buns, split
In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, onions, brown sugar,
chili powder, ketchup, cider vinegar, beer and tomato paste, Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
With slotted spoon, remove beef from sauce and place in large bowl. With 2 forks, pull beef apart to shred.
Add 2 cups of the sauce from slow cooker. Mix well. Spoon mixture into buns. If desired, serve with extra sauce.