Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Spicy Cocoa Sloppy Joes
about 4-1/2 cups sandwich filling
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 - pounds lean ground beef
- 1 to 1-1/4 - cups chopped onion
- 1 - cup ketchup
- 2 - Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1-1/2 - Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2-1/2 - teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 - teaspoons salt
- Cook ground beef and onion in large
skillet on medium heat until beef is browned and onion is
tender. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in ketchup, cocoa, mustard, chili
powder, pepper and salt.
- Heat 10 to 15 minutes on low heat or
until hot. Serve in buns.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.