Mesquite Grilled Steak
Here is a recipe for steak
and salad lovers. What better flavor to a great steak than cooking over mesquite.
1-1/4 - pounds
boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4" thick
1 - teaspoon fresh lemon juice
6 - cups mixed salad greens
1/2 - medium red onion, sliced
2 - medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into slices
1/2 - cup honey mustard dressing
1 - teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 - clove garlic,
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium heat.
Use mesquite wood chips for charcoal or gas grills.
- Combine seasoning ingredients.
- Press evenly into both
sides of steak.
- Place steak on grill grid.
- Grill steak, uncovered, 14 to 16
minutes on each side to medium doneness. Turn steak every five minutes.
- Season steak with salt, as desired. Drizzle with lemon
juice. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
- In large bowl, combine salad greens, red onion and
tomatoes; toss gently.
- Arrange beef on top of salad.
- Serve with dressing.