Alan's Ultimate Chicken-Pasta Salad
10 servings (1 cup each)
Prep Time: 30 min
Chilling Time: 1 hr to 2 hrs
- 1/3 - cup milk
- 1/3 - cup
- 3 - Tablespoons
- 3 - Tablespoons white wine
- 2 - teaspoons poppy seed
- 1/2 - teaspoon
- 1/2 - teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon dry mustard
1) In small bowl, mix
milk, mayonnaise, sugar, wine vinegar, poppy seed, salt,
celery salt, dry mustard with wire whisk until well
2) Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
3) Rinse with cold water to cool and drain well.
4) In large bowl, mix cooked pasta, chicken,
cherries and celery.
5) Mix dressing mixture again with wire whisk to
6) Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
7) Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving
to chill salad and blend flavors. Stir in almonds.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- How-To To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet;
bake at 350�F for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until golden brown.
- Do-Ahead Make a day ahead; cover and refrigerate.
Stir the salad before serving. If needed, add a
tablespoon or two of milk to make it more creamy.