Grilled Chicken Salad
with Macadamia Nuts
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min.
Marinade time: 2 to 3 hrs.
Cooking time: 10 to 15 min.
- 1 - cup soy sauce
- 2 - Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 - cup rice vinegar
- 2 - cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 - cup water
- 2 - packets SplendaŽ
- 4 - skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 - cup sliced celery
- 1/2 - cup chopped red pepper
- 4 - large leaves green curly leaf lettuce
- 1/2 - cup coarsely chopped toasted macadamia nuts (saving some
- 1/3 - cup mayonnaise
- 1 - teaspoon macadamia nut oil
- 1 - teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon black pepper
- In a shallow, covered container, you want to mix soy sauce,
vinegar, water, ginger, garlic and Splenda (R).
- Add chicken
breasts and marinade for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill or bake according to
- After chicken cools, dice into 1/2-inch cubes.
You will need about 2 cups.
- In large bowl, place diced chicken and stir in celery, red
pepper and macadamia nuts.
- In separate bowl, mix together
mayonnaise, macadamia nut oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing mixture to chicken, celery, pepper and macadamias
then stir together thoroughly.
- Serve on bed of green leaf lettuce
and garnish with remaining macadamia nuts.
Member: America's Home Cooking Network