Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Arugula Salad with Shrimp and Spicy Tomatoes
6 servings (1 salad each)
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 4 min.
- 12 - ounces large shrimp, peeled and
- 1/4 - teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground black pepper
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 - Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 - Tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 - teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 - teaspoons honey
- 1 - teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 - cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - can (14.5 oz each) Petite Diced Tomatoes
with Mild Green Chilies, drained
- 5 - ounces arugula
- 2-1/2 - ounces mixed baby salad greens
- 1/4 - cup thinly sliced prosciutto, optional
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and
heat over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until
shrimp are pink and opaque. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare dressing by
combining vinegar, shallots, mustard, honey
- Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream,
whisking constantly 2 to 3 minutes or until
mixture is thick and creamy.
- In a large bowl, place drained tomatoes,
arugula, mixed greens and dressing. Toss to
- Place equal amounts of salad on serving
- Top each with shrimp and proscuitto, if
Page 1 of 1