Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Warm Beef and Herb Salad
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 7 min.
- 1 - pound beef flank steak
- 1/2 - cup red wine vinegar
- 2 - cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 - teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 - teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 6 - cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 - Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 - medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 - medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Pepper, if desired
- Cut beef lengthwise into 3 strips and slice
across the grain into 1/8-inch thick strips.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, basil,
sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Place salad greens in serving bowl.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over
- Stir-fry beef strips, half at a time, 1 - 2
- Remove with slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add onion and bell pepper to same skillet
and stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until
- Return beef to skillet with reserved
dressing. Heat through.
- Spoon beef mixture and hot dressing over
- Toss and serve immediately. Season with
pepper, if desired.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- You can substitute baby spinach for the
mixed salad greens. Next, add spinach to
skillet when adding cooked beef and dressing.
You want to toss and serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1