Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Warm Grilled Pork and Lentil Salad
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 25 min.
Grilling time: 24 min
- 1/2 - cup uncooked dried brown lentils,
- 1 - cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/4 - pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 - Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 - green onions, sliced
- 1 - package (10-ounce) Italian blend salad
- 1/2 - cup Italian dressing
Prepare grill and heat until coals are ash
- Cover lentils with water in 2-quart saucepan
and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until
lentils are tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Add corn to lentils during last 5 minutes of
- Drain, if necessary. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place tenderloin on grill (tuck
under thinner ends of the tenderloin). Grill
pork, turning every 5 minutes, until meat
thermometer reaches 155°F or until meat is
slightly pink in thickest part (about 20 to 24
- Add tomatoes, onions and 3 Tablespoons
dressing to lentil mixture Mix well. Season
with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, divide salad greens evenly among 4
- Spoon lentil mixture on top of greens. Cut
pork into thin slices and place over lentils.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Serve with crusty rolls to complete the
Page 1 of 1