Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Wild Rice, Ham & Pepper Jack Salad
Prepare this flavorful main dish wild rice and
ham salad ahead of time.
10 (3/4-cup) servings
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 40 min.
Cooling time: 30 min.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 3 - cups water
- 1 - cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 2 - Tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 3 - cups broccoli florets
- 2 - cups cubed deli cooked ham
- 1 - cup walnut halves
- 1/4 - cup sliced green onions
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Hot Pepper Jack
Cheese, cubed 1/2-inch
- 1 - medium (1 cup) red bell pepper, cut
into julienne strips
- 1/2 - cup thinly sliced carrot
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 - cup vegetable oil
- 2 - Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 - teaspoon dry mustard
- Place water, wild rice and bouillon granules
in 4-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture
comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until rice is tender (35 to 40
minutes). Drain and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine vegetable oil, wine
vinegar, and dry mustard in large bowl. Mix
- Add cooled wild rice and broccoli, ham,
walnuts, green onion, cheese, pepper, and
carrot to bowl.
- Toss and mix well. Cover and store
refrigerated for 30 minutes.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
- Add 1/2 teaspoon curry powder to dressing
for a spicier flavor.
Page 1 of 1