Berry Turkey Salad
6 (1 3/4-cup) servings
Prep Time: 30 min
- Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 - cup berry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 - teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 - teaspoon soy sauce
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 - cup fresh blueberries*
- 1/3 - cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 - cup sunflower nuts or almond slices
- 1 - bag (5-ounce) (10 cups) spring mix of baby salad greens
- 1 - medium (1 cup) mango, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 6 - ounces (1 1/2 cups) oven roasted deli turkey breast, cut
into julienne strips
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, stir together dressing, gingerroot, and soy
- In a large serving bowl, combine blueberries, onions, sunflower
nuts, baby salad greens, mango, turkey, and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- To serve, spoon salad mixture onto individual salad plates and
drizzle with dressing.
*Substitute 1 cup raspberries or halved strawberries.
Alan's Kitchen Tips:
- To take with, divide salad and salad dressing ingredients into
individual containers. At lunchtime, toss 1 container salad with 1
container salad dressing.
- Itís easy to give bottled dressings extra flavor and flair
with the addition of a few simple ingredients, such as fresh
herbs, spices or citrus peels. Mustards, sauces and other
condiments are good additions, too. Itís fun to experiment!
Page 1 of 1