Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken Fingers
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 45 to 50 min.
- 2/3 cup
- 8 boneless skinless
chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup Original
Bisquick® mix or all-purpose
- 2 packages (1 oz each) ranch dressing mix (dry)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
1) Cut chicken
breast halves crosswise into 1 1/2-inch strips
2) Into shallow glass or plastic
bowl, pour buttermilk. Add chicken and turn to coat.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable
food-storage plastic bag, crush cereal with rolling pin.
4) Add Bisquick mix and dressing
mix (dry) to cereal in bag.
5) Remove chicken from buttermilk
and discard buttermilk. Add chicken to cereal mixture. Seal bag
and shake to coat.
6) Place chicken on cookie sheet.
Spray with cooking spray.
7) Bake uncovered
for 20 minutes. Turn strips and bake for about 20 minutes
longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Alan’s Kitchen Tip
Bake it the night
before, then pack it up for a picnic in the park the next day!