Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 45 to 50 min.
- 2/3 cup
- 8 boneless skinless
chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup Original
Bisquick® mix or all-purpose
- 2 packages (1 oz each) ranch dressing mix (dry)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
1) Into shallow glass or plastic
bowl, pour buttermilk. Add chicken and turn to coat.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable
food-storage plastic bag, crush cereal with rolling pin.
3) Add Bisquick mix and dressing
mix (dry) to cereal in bag.
4) Remove chicken from buttermilk
and discard buttermilk. Add chicken to cereal mixture. Seal bag
and shake to coat.
5) Place chicken on cookie sheet.
Spray with cooking spray.
6) Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or
until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is
Alan’s Kitchen Tip
Bake it the night
before, then pack it up for a picnic in the park the next day!