Shirley's Deep Dish Chicken Pie
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr.
- 2-1/2 - 3 pounds
- 2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup medium
- 1/2 cup
- 5 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/3 cup
- 2 medium
carrots, sliced and cooked
- 2 Tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoon pimento
- Pastry for 1 pie crust
1) In saucepan, combine chicken, water, and 1-teaspoon salt.
Cover and cook 1-hour or until tender.
2) Skin and bone chicken. Strain chicken broth reserving 3-cups.
3) In a large saucepan, cook onion and celery in 2-Tablespoons
4) Add stock, poultry seasoning, 1/2-teaspoon salt and 1/8
teaspoon pepper. Brink to a boil.
5) Blend remaining butter and flour. Add to stock.
6) Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils.
7) Stir in carrots, parsley and pimento.
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
8) Placed boned chicken in 2-quart casserole.
9) Pour hot mixture over it.
10) Roll pastry about 1 inch larger than casserole.
11) Place over filling and flute edges and cut slits in crust.
12) Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Page 1 of 1