Chili Pot Pie
Two comforting family favorites are combined in one easy
5 servings (1/2 cup each)
Prep Time: 15 Min
Baking Time: 20 Min
- 1 - pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 - cup chopped onions (2 medium)
- 1 - cup chopped green bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1 - cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 - teaspoons chili powder
- 1 - can (15 ounces) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 - can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 - can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 - can (10.2 ounces) refrigerated original biscuits (5 biscuits)*
- 1/2 - cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high
heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in bell pepper, mushrooms, chili powder, beans, pizza sauce and
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a
- Spoon hot mixture into ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits.
- Cut each in half crosswise; place, cut side down, around edge of hot
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and no longer
doughy on bottom.
*Keep the refrigerated biscuits very cold until it's time to cut them and
place them on the casserole.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): After stirring in bell pepper, mushrooms,
chili powder, beans, pizza sauce and soup, cook about 6 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Bake pie 20 to 25 minutes.
Page 1 of 1