The railroad also constructed a branch to Poland from a connection
with the Prescott & Eastern at Poland Junction. The Poland Branch was
completed on December 17, 1905.
The railroad was operated by the SFP&P by two Brooks 2-8-0
locomotives SFP&P #51 and #56 (later ATSF #2439 and #2444) until 1912.
On January 2, 1912 the Bradshaw Mountain Railroad was merged into the
California, Arizona and Santa Fe Railway. The California,
Arizona and Santa Fe Railway did not operate the line as it only
existed on paper as a subsidiary of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe
The Bradshaw Mountain Railroad was built to serve the mines of the
southern Bradshaw Mountains. Unfortunately, these mines were never
very productive, and the BMRR was a financial failure. The line
from Middleton to Crown King was abandoned in 1926, and both the Crown
King and Poland branches were abandoned in 1939. Much of the road to
Crown King uses the old railbed.
1901-1912 by the Santa Fe, Prescott &
1912- by the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway
The line was eventually abandoned by the ATSF.
- Poland Junction
- Poland (the track was later extended to Walker)