Discover Aspen Campground
Just off Woods Canyon Lake, approximately 4 miles north of State
Highway 260 at mile marker 282, located directly across from the Rim
Visitor Information Station or 25 miles west of Heber, Arizona.
- 7,610 feet above sea level.
- Generally May 1 to October 31. Earlier or later depending
View Larger Map
- 136 family campsites
- Tents, trailers and motorhomes up to 45 feet
- Campfire grills and picnic tables
- Vault toilets & garbage facilities
- Drinking water
- Boat ramp and launch at Woods Canyon Lake
- RV sanitary station (near-by)
- Paved roads
- Campground Hosts
Fee: Sitgreaves NF Campground Fee Schedule
Features and Setting:
- Woods Canyon Lake offers boating (electric trolling motors
only) and fishing opportunities. Interpretative nature trail at
the north end of lake. The campground is set among the ponderosa
pine, oak and Douglas fir.
- Concessionaire operated
- Gas, phone, and groceries are available 10 miles east at
- Groceries & boat rentals are available at Woods Canyon
- Nearest full service community is Payson, AZ, 35 miles west
via Hwy 260.
- Reservations are available. Call Toll Free 1-877-444-6777.