BEST Places to Picnic Guide powered by ABE
Google

Web Alan's Kitchen Recipes

AZ Picnic Menu | FUN Trivia | Menu Ideas | Grocery Tips | Picnic Menus | Picnic Tips

Home >> BEST Places to Picnic >> Arizona

Picnic Menu Ideas & Planning
Picnic Menu Ideas & Planning

1000s of great recipes and picnic menu ideas

Food, Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes plus more...

Cienega Creek Preserve Park

Cienega Creek Preserve  - Pima County Arizona Parks

Explore Cienega Creek Preserve Park

Cienega Creek Access

This paved, 10-vehicle, 6-horse rig lot provides access to the Cienega Creek Natural Preserve and Davidson Canyon. The trailhead is located just off Marsh Station Road a short distance west of Three Bridges. Horses are not allowed in Cienega Creek Natural Preserve, but are allowed on the Arizona Trail. 

Note: A permit is required to access the preserve but not to use the Arizona Trail. Open dawn to dusk. Details: 520-877-6000 (Pima County). Call (520) 877-6158 for permit information. These permits are free.

From Tucson on eastbound I-10, exit 281 (Sonoita/Patagonia), turn left to cross I-10 to Marsh Station Road. From westbound I-10, exit 281, loop exit to Marsh Station Road. Travel northeast on Marsh Station approximately 3 miles and watch for first lot (trailhead parking) sign on right. 

Park and walk around locked service gate, following trail. At "Y" bear right and follow trial down to creek. This is a 10-car lot.

This trailhead is a staging area for equestrians wishing to access the Arizona Trail.

Three Bridges or the second parking lot is 3 blocks farther up on Marsh Station Road, on the left side and just before railroad tracks. Parking is allowed on front portion of lot. Do not go under tressel (railroad property). Road to third lot is right across Marsh Station Road from second lot and holds approximately 5 cars.

Note: Lots 2 and 3 are recommended for viewing and photographing trains only. NRPR cautions against crossing railroad tracks to enter preserve. Please use lot 1 as main entrance.

Vail Access to Cienega Creek

From I-10 east or west, take exit 279 (Vail/Wentworth), head north on Colossal Cave Road approximately 2.6 miles to parking lot on right side just before bridge.

More Picnic Sites