- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose
3/4 - teaspoon salt
5 - Tablespoons butter, softened
1 - egg yolk, beaten
2 - Tablespoons ice water
- Potato filling
- 4 - cups raw potatoes,
4 - Tablespoons butter
1 - pound pork sausage, cut into small pieces
1-1/2 - cups milk
- To prepare the pastry, in a bowl
sift the flour and salt together.
- Cut in the butter.
- Add the egg yolk with the ice
water and mix.
- Roll into a ball and wrap in
plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Divide the pastry in half.
- Roll out the bottom crust and
place in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Dot the crust with butter.
- Add in 1/3 potatoes, sprinkle
with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Place 1/3 of the sausage over
the potatoes. Repeat twice.
- Pour milk over the top, saving
some if you fill the dish.
- Roll out the top crust and gash
a cross in the center. Seal and crimp the pie crusts.
- Turn back the crust gashes to
allow pouring more milk if needing during the baking.
- Place in oven and bake 1 hour or
until potatoes are soft and crust is brown.