Baked Lima Beans
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 - cups dried lima beans
- 6 - sliced cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 - teaspoon mustard
- 2 - Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 - teaspoon ginger
- 3 - Tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 - cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 250� F.
- Cover the beans with cold water and soak overnight. In the
morning, pour off the water, cover with fresh water in a saucepan,
and simmer until beans are tender.
- Drain the water and return the
beans to the pot, along with the bacon.
- In a bowl, mix the mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, and ginger with
a little water. Add the molasses and mix.
- Pour over the beans to cover.
- Add the boiling water, cover and
place in oven.
- Bake for 4 hours. Add hot water occasionally if the
beans seem too dry.
- Uncover and raise the heat to 300�F, bake 45
minutes or until beans are tender and brown on top.
Page 1 of 1