This is a recipe
served on New Year's Day to bring good luck, health, and
prosperity for the year.
6 to 8 servings.
- 2 - cups lentils
- 2 - quarts cold water
- 1 - yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 - pound smoke sausage, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 2 - teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Wash the lentils and put them into a
stockpot at moderate heat. Add the water, cover, and bring to a
- Add the onion and simmer for 1-1/2
- Next, add the smoked sausage, and
continue to simmer for an addition 30 minutes.
- The lentils should be soft. Add the salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.