Cream of Corn Soup with
Makes 4 servings
- From the cob, cut the corn and
place in large
- Add the water and set heat to moderate.
- Cook until corn is tender.
- After the corn is cooked, add the milk and bring to the
boiling point, and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes.
While soup is
simmering, in a
bowl, blend the egg and flour.
Cut the egg in with a spatula until the mixture becomes flaked.
After simmering the corn soup for 10 minutes, using your hands
gradually drop flour mixture (Rivvels) into the soup.
- Continue to simmer 7 minutes or
until the Rivvels are cooked.