Sour Cherry Pie
1 (deep-dish 8-inch) pie.
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 40 min
- Rich Pastry
- 4 cups sour cherries
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup sifted flour
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 350� F.
- Use recipe for Rich Pastry.
- Line a pie dish with bottom crust, dot it with butter, dredge
very lightly with flour, and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, add cherries with sugar.
- Mix and pour into the shell.
- Dredge with flour and salt, dot with butter.
- Roll out top crust, gash with leaf design for air holes,
place on the pie and seal edges carefully, crimping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Page 1 of 1